Sunday, March 6, 2016

140 Dyz Smober! (Hot Chocolate 15K)


An Adam Ramble. I'm here to say I won't give up.

I ran a 15K race today here in Seattle, WA. Something I wouldn't have done if still smoking and boozing. I ran with a co-worker and her boy. She said that I inspired her to start running again and that means a lot! I feel with being smober I am around more positive and influential people, and that's where I wanted to be. You never know the cool people that'll come out of the wood work when you change your life!

It's crazy to think I'm not going back to alcohol. I was just stopping to quit smoking, but now I'm more confident that I will live a sober life. Just not worth it. It was always my achille's heel. I could always find an excuse to smoke when drunk. Even being completely sober is hard sometimes, but I know if I was drinking....I'd be smoking. Simple as that!

Being sober isn't some magical pill that makes everything perfect. If anything, I've been having to face life and it's been harder then just numbing everything.

At a certain point you realize the numbing isn't doing anything for you and that you may have to go through some deep rooted emotions and pain in order to move on into a new and healthier chapter in life.

I have a lot of realities I'm having to face right now. A lot that I've been hiding from. I get waves of depression and feel I wasted too much time in addiction and relapse. As I face my issues, it creates a new me where I want to live healthier, try harder, be more present, help others more and be more connected and spiritual with the people and earth around me.

I'm learning a lot right now, and so much information is heading in and out of me. My schedule is so much more busy and I have to remember to always take time to relax and heal the mind, body and soul.

When things get tough I can always remember that as long as I don't take a puff on a cigarette, it doesn't matter what else I do in the day, because it's still a day of progress!

Sleep well and keep your quit safe!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment