Monday, February 22, 2016

126dyz...What it's like




I'm up late so I'll tell you what it's like. I may sound emotional about this stuff, but it's because I care and I truly want to help others.......

I wake up and I pray. I eat and I pray. I go to sleep and I pray. I am not a religious person but a spiritual person. Being thankful and awake is what finally helped me quit. 

I stay thankful every day for the fact I am smoke free and drink free. Any time I feel I am being complacent or slipping, I take a deep breathe and I focus on the positive and the truth. I believe more and more every day that I can conquer any thing the fuck I want. I spent 10 plus years trying to quit and an 18 year period smoking...and boozing. Sooner or later you have to say yes or no. 

My message isn't about God but it's a message about finding your why....finding meaning in life...believing in yourself...doing not saying....staying true to your word....helping others....helping ourselves. 

I am still new to all of this so I am learning, but all this isn't about the cigarettes, it's about building a foundation where who we are, what we love, what we fight for, what we live for is more important than the instrument we used to use to hide from our pain, to hurt ourselves, to feel less than, to be destructive, to live in shame or regret. 

It doesn't matter whether it's nicotine, heroin or sugar. If it is being used to harm us negatively, it offers no love and it is a problem. 

Alright. I said enough on my soap box. Have a great day and if you
Need any help let me know. 

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment