Thursday, January 28, 2016

100 dyz...Elder's Lodge





I love this quote above. At first I thought it was ego driven, but then I realized how motivating it is. That we have a choice on how we decide to change our lives and believe ourselves to be whatever we want to be even before it has happened. 

That is such a powerful anecdote to apply to our lives to never give up and always believe in ourselves even when in darkness. Even when completely alone. Even when there is no success to be found. Our mind is our driving force. It is up to us to find the light and lift ourselves out of the darkness and on to the correct path. There is always a choice. 
 

At the Quitnet forum they call you and Elder at 100 days smoke free. Elder Adam. Sounds like a mormon missonary haha! So thankful to be smoke free and alcohol free one day at a time. It's a great way to get to know yourself.

I still have to stay diligent every day. I see my mind try to go soft and that's when I pick up the pace and get support. My toughest time has bee Sunday nights. That's the end of the work week and when I used to let loose and get wasted and smoke like crazy knowing I had a few days off.

Now I see Sundays as a gift, knowing I am free to do whatever the heck I want without feeling like a slave to the nicodemon! Obviously I know the nicodemon isn't some outside force. We control our quits, we have the power!

Have a great day!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment