Friday, February 5, 2016

109Dyz...Friends


Just wanted to give a quick shout out to my friends in my life. The ones I know will always be there. We dream big and we can also do the smallest of things without pressure or judgement. I spent the day hanging with Trav and Meech on the East side (Redmond). We had so much fun just taking the day as it came. We did a small trail walk, went out to dinner and reminisced about the old times. We also planned our snow shoe trip for Feb. 15th, 2016 and our summer '16 road trip to camp through Yellowstone and end in Colorado at Red Rocks to see Lord Huron play. 

I'm mentioning this because before I quit, when I was wrapped up in alcohol and nicotine shame, I wouldn't be excited about these plans. I wouldn't have my whole heart in it like I do now...and that was only 109 days ago. So much has changed. I have to remember how much different my attitude is now. Before I'd be in the relapse shame spiral. Day in day out, the only thing I could think of was smoking, drinking and/or wishing I wasn't smoking/drinking and how the hell I was gonna end the madness and stop killing myself physically and emotionally. 

Now I feel like an adult child. Now I feel excited to get out and enjoy life, make plans, journey and discover my wanderlust. I'm so glad I'm not stuck in that old rut and when I get down on myself or feel lonely or that I'm not doing enough or not far enough along...I have to remember how far I've already made it in such a short period of time and how much amazing life I have to live and make choices, play music, run, eat good food, visit with family and friends etc. all the good things!

So, all in all, I'm really happy to have the friends I have and to be on the life path that I am on and that I will never change again to partake in things that are destructive and bring me down. 

One small step a day in the right direction and it all starts with knowing, any day I do not smoke or drink is a day I'm making progress...no matter if I lay in bed all day, or climb to the top of the highest peak in the world...I can always default to knowing that a smoke free day is a good day!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment