Friday, May 20, 2016

7 Months Smober


7 months today! I am very thankful to be alcohol and nicotine free. I still have a lot of work to do, but life is one day at a time. I spend my time thinking about those things that can better my life, instead of dwelling on regret, guilt, shame and self-hate. I have found there is an answer for everything in time. 

The main thing I don't miss is the constant battle of going back and forth between smoking and quitting. I did that for 10 plus years with 1000's of quits. I mean 1000's! I left a lot of things abandoned and abused in my wake. Quitting smoking is freedom from all the neglect and wasted days. 

Smoking offers nothing for me but pain and suffering and giving up on self. It feels good to free myself from that pattern, and peel back the onion that built around me for so many years. Thanks for all your support. Love you guys! 

Adam

1 comment:

  1. So very happy for you, Adam. You sound much different these days; I know you used to always focus on quitting cigarettes but it seems to me the ups and downs of alcohol use were wreaking just as much havoc in your life. You seem clear and confident now and I have no doubt you'll be celebrating a year come October. Kudos! Moggy

    ReplyDelete