Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day #8...Still in Bed!


I need to get out of bed but don't want to today. It's too comfortable and I like being here where I feel so content and happy to be smoke free and know that any simple thing I do without smoking is my life moving forward, on a different street and in the right direction. I'm starting to actually get a bit sick right now. Usually happens to me when I'm first quitting. I really want this more than anything else right now and I feel so happy every day and take the time to be thankful.

It's been 8 days down and I already feel like I have a different life. I feel I can take life at my own pace instead of always darting around in the addiction haze of relapse and life in limbo. Right now, on a day I work, I would just want it to be over because I most likely would be trying to quit on a day off. I actually work the rest of the week, so I'd just want the whole week to be over. 


How sad is that? To never be in the present moment and always looking to some moment that doesn't exist yet to find the answers. It just doesn't make sense and it gets you nowhere in life. 

I think I'm getting a bit sick from the fall weather, healing from quitting smoking and working out a bit too. It all may be a bit taxing on my weakened smoker/drinker's body. I know I'm healing though and just have to make it through this process. 

Time to join the day and run a few errands and vacuum the house before work. 

Cheers and have a good day!

Adam
8dyz down

No comments:

Post a Comment