Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day #85...What I do instead





When the going gets tough and I feel that old twitch, the red flags go up! The first thing I do is post at the Quitnet and talk and get feedback. You gotta slow things down and get back to reality. Life can work you up sometimes, get you stressed out and make you feel sorry for yourself. When that happens, take a deep breathe and focus on what is important and that is keeping your quit!

Then maybe I'll go for a walk, or a work out or play the guitar or read about the quit. So many things to do, even take a nap, do the dishes....just live life and do something positive instead of negative! I'm so tired of the negative baggage and energy sucking lifestyle of a smoker. That'll never be me again and I've made the commitment to never go back no matter what I may face in life. I won't do that to myself again. 

I'm not religious but I find myself praying often too to be thankful for the life I have and the efforts I'm putting into it! I think this is the most important connection I've found and have had with myself and with the life I am striving for. A more balanced life where I take action and am a part of it and get rewarded by what I put into it twice fold or more! 


It all comes from what works for us. You'll find what works for you and what makes this journey yours. It's a beautiful thing and so exciting. All the ups and downs, all the things you'll discover you are capable of doing are endless and our way beyond your usual boundaries. Never stop exploring and embrace the quit. Once you commit, then providence moves too!

Time to make something of this day! I am thankful to be smoke and drink free! I made it that way! Have a great day

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment