Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Thought I Would Lose Everything (RP)

(RP) This reminds me to question everything and not live in fear of the unknown. Living in fear of the unknown kept me in relapse for 9 years and what has it done for me?.....not a damn thing but realize I want out, and to overcome all obstacles!

I thought I would lose everything From annemarieVT on 6/20/2011 2:08:38 PM

  When I thought about quitting smoking, I thought of losing everything. I thought I would lose my fun time ( cause I thought I was having fun) I thought I would lose my comfortable morning routine. I thought I would lose my friends and all those smoking buddies. I thought I would lose my resolve not to eat everything in front of me. I thought I would lose my wanting to enjoy life attitude that I thought I had. I thought I would lose my patience with the people that I loved the most. I thought I would lose my job cause being in sales and having no patience did not mix.

But I didn't lose anything !!!!


I gained (not just weight) !!!!


I gained a new attitude about what is really fun. Taking a deep breath. The new freedom from addiction. I gained a new morning routine that still included coffee. But an added walk around my property with the dog. And Yoga (my dog wants to join in this as well). I gained a confidence in making new friends cause I have a new self worth. most of my friends don't smoke. I have started on a new healthy path to eating better. I have enjoyed this immensely. And yes I have gained weight. I am working on this with exercise. I have gained a new perspective of me and the world I live in.

I have gained patience, ( I really thought this would be gone forever) I have the patience to listen to my son and my daughter tell me all about their lives. I sit there and I listen to them. I don't interrupt with my addiction anymore. It is amazing to just sit there and hear them. Friends and customers as well. I have more patience then I ever thought would ever have.
I have gained time. Time for friends at dinner (without rushing them out the door so I could light up) I have hopefully gained a healthier lifetime. This we never know.

So don't ever think you're gonna lose, cause when you quit, you have everything to gain.

Jean
d142

No comments:

Post a Comment