Friday, May 9, 2014

"It sure was a struggle to get here"....(RP)

Though my quit is young, I can already relate with the fact that when I am smoke free, it is an amazing feeling to be able to do as I want, go where I want, come and go as I please without some addiction controlling me every step of the way. I already feel so much more freedom only 10 days in and these are thoughts I keep as constant reminders of where I came from and the misery I am escaping by committing to being smoke free!

Adam ~D10 

(RP)
 
It sure was a struggle to get here...
From lighthousekeep on 2/10/2011 12:03:20 PM

and I cannot tell you exactly when I *arrived*.

Perhaps it was when I started to notice the crave waves of mine were all but dead.

Or perhaps a year or two back when I noticed some folks scurrying around to find a place to smoke at a busy airport after just getting in.

Or the poor sods who stand out in 25 below zero weather having to have that smoke and I stand inside with hot cup of coffee gazing out the warm window.

All I know is that it dawned on me at some point along the Way that since I Quit Smoking, I come and go as I please, where I please, as I please; freed of all those chains , shackles and fetters from that Filthy Dungeon of Addiction I rotted in for 40 too long years.

These are just some of the Fruits of a Quit, my friends~~

Relish them Daily!!!

greg

1762 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 28 seconds smoke free. 70512 cigarettes not smoked. $17,101.10 and 17 months, 28 days, 15 hours of my life saved! My quit date: 4/14/2006 3:30:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment