Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day #19...I ams what I ams



I just found myself getting depressed after work over looking at other people's lives and thinking they have something better than I have. Better job, better looks, better support, the voice I want for singing, more money, the love I wish I had, the body, the time, the friends....etc.

What does this thinking do for me? What is the purpose? Where does it take me?

I realize it only breeds negativity to think someone has more than you. It gets you no where and offers you nothing. This is what it does. It gives you depression, makes you feel less than and unworthy of lover and happiness. We can't do this to ourselves.

It puts up barriers in your life where you think something isn't possible, so might as well not do it or think that you are special. Example: Thinking someone has a better singing voice than I. All it does is make me feel "whats the point?". They can offer what I have with a better sound so why try? 

It keeps me from reaching my full potential. It keeps me from exploring myself and doing what I love. This is a thought that I've had before. We can't always avoid these feelings, it's just about what we decide to believe. Someone in my eyes may sing better than me, but then that person may think the same thing about someone else. It's all perspective. 

I guess what I'm getting at is that it's time in life to explore all that I've got 100%. Become comfortable with trying new things out and to not be ashamed of where I'm at in life and what I have to offer. Get comfortable with failure. Success won't happen without failure. Go outside the boundaries we have set for ourselves and become our original selves. When we do that, and don't copy any one out of fear of thinking they are better....than we offer up something that no one else can match or create!

I know with quitting smoking, I can reach my full potential. This is done one day, one step at a time. I can't just throw in the towel when the going gets tough, or when I feel I feel alone after a long week of work. I can't just give up when I feel nothing has changed, especially when I haven't even given things time to blossom. 

I'm tired of giving up and giving in to the negative things that destroy the truth. The truth that we can be whatever we want in life, we can accomplish anything that life throws at us. No dream is bigger than what we are capable of!

I hope this seems somewhat complete and not just a ramble....but it is a bit of just my brain rattling late night. 

KTFQ and never settle in life!

Adam
D19


No comments:

Post a Comment