Friday, November 13, 2015

Day #24....validation


I don't know why today was such a good day, but I was so happy to be part of what feels like my natural routine. The routine of me without the control of addiction or all the baggage. I can't explain how freeing that feels, but it's like my soul has been elevated to a feeling equivalent to the warmth and brightness of the sun and that anything in life is possible. 

It's crazy to explain that I felt this way when just doing random errands through the day, but that's how much addiction drags you down and gives you a negative approach to life, dreading moments and not looking forward to anything. 

Instead of being in the clouds of addiction....

today I got up and jogged to where my car was being fixed (something I would usually dread money wise and I wouldn't have jogged). I love my shop. They do great, less expensive work and I asked for a shirt today and they gave me one with their business info on it. 

I then drove to the lake and went for a jog and did the stairs at the aqua theatre (which I never would've done if smoking). I enjoyed the fall day with leaves blowing around everywhere and hung out with the ducks.

Met up with Ryan at Bauhaus and chatted with him about life and things that are coming up, and living positive minded. 

I then came home, made lunch and started slow cooking some pork ribs which I've tasted and are awesome!

My buddies Malcolm and Jeff contacted me. Malcolm gave me a huge compliment on my music after he listened to my Meadows EP songs. Since I've finally started to pick up my guitar again, it really shot some energy into me to get my music going. I'm so excited to explore the thing I've always loved the most, my music! Well, I met up with Malcolm and Ben and chatted about music and getting the ball rolling, and I did it alcohol free! 

I then met up with Jeff at Seamonster Lounge since his buddy is the drummer for Marmalade, and Funk Love is the lead sing who I know. We had a great talk and I found out he quit drinking about 3 months ago. It really helped validate all that I've been doing, to see that my buddy is taking similar steps as I am to better life! It made the whole night easier not having to be around drinking even if I was out at a club. 

All in all it was a great day and I got a lot done, saw a lot of influential and great people in life and it really makes me feel like I have found my true path, day to day. 

I am so thankful to be smoke free today. It means so much more than just the act of smoking. It's more the fact that I used it to be destructive towards myself, and feel worse about myself and life that makes smoking a miserable thing!

Keep busy. Stay humble. Stay steadfast. No wallowing. No doubt. No moping about. No more wasted time!!!

BE ALWAYS THANKFUL!!!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment