Friday, December 4, 2015

Day #45...RIP Scott Weiland

Things are getting wild right now in the world and to top it off Scott Weiland died today. ISIS, Iraq War fallout, Paris shootings, 2 shootings yesterday in USA, 355 shootings in the last year, gun control issues, race issues, black lives matter, all lives matter, Starbucks all red "satanic" cups issue, people making an issue about being free to say "Merry Christmas", abortion, pro life, pro birth, planned parenthood, climate change leading to terrorism....lots and lots of concepts. Big and small. Lots and lots of hatred. 

My brain sort of shut down trying to take a break from all the information pouring out and all the people that think they are reporters on issues they have only learned from mass media and social networks. I know some people have dealt first hand, but not most of everyone I know. I'm guilty of that myself. All I can say is I'm trying to understand what is most important for me to focus on. What can I do? Where can I make a difference. For me I think it just starts with giving a shit and gaining knowledge. 

I've been stuck in a selfish place called addiction for a long while and I'm finding my way out. I'm trying to find what truly is important to me. I'm trying to understand where to put my efforts. Where I can make the biggest difference. I can only do this one day at a time though. When I heard Scott died I felt enough was enough. What do we have control of? what's the meaning I've been searching for in life? What will fulfill me and make a difference?

That's where I'm at right now. I don't want to feel guilty anymore. That's why I am escaping addiction. I don't want to regret not giving a shit. I want to care. I want to share and spread the message of peace and love. I want to help everyone feel and understand that we are all here and in this thing together and to not lose hope. It's been a crazy month, even year. A lot of things happening and a lot of change needing to be realized. 

QUESTION EVERYTHING. 
BE THANKFUL EVERY DAY. 
KEEP MOVING FORWARD. 
ANY DAY SMOKE FREE IS A DAY OF PROGRESS. 
HITTING ROCK BOTTOM IS LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR THE HIGHER STANDARD IN LIFE I LIVE BY. 

I hope that things turn out alright. I hope I can live long enough to make a true difference. I feel I trust myself to make this effort. This is what I always knew quitting smoking and drinking would offer me. It offers me the ambition, faith and belief that I can accomplish anything I am passionate about and choose to put my mind towards. I may be in the first steps of this process, but I know it'll lead me to greater things I never thought of or thought possible. 

Adam
staying thankful

 

1 comment: