Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Day #37...I already know what giving up feels like....


Good day to everyone. When you get tired of relapsing over and over and over and over....you start to realize there is another option. I gave up so many times I can't even count. I don't truly know someone who relapsed more than I did.

I am at the point where I am excited to see what it's like every day to stay committed even when others don't believe. Even when I don't believe. You either smoke or you don't. I still have a long way to go to have a truly solid quit, but this quote sums up where my mind is today.

A quit buddy a while ago told me to question everything on your path to freedom. Things don't have to be done the same way they used to. You don't have to react to situations the way we used to by lighting up. You don't have to walk down the same streets, hang with the same people. You can do whatever you want, be where you want. Luckily, most of us have that freedom in life to choose what we want, let's allow ourselves that freedom and not be a slave to nicotine!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is thanksgiving around these parts. Excited to see family smoke and drink free!

quit is going strong. I find myself getting pissed off here and there. Sometimes my recovery feels slower than I want it to be, and then other moments I notice how much things have changed in a short amount of time. I try to be as thankful as possible even when my mind is yelling at things and trying to be negative. 


I feel lonely often. I guess it’s because I’m discovering so many wonderful things in life and I want to share them with someone I love. I know though, I’m on a mission to strengthen and love myself and that this is the perfect time, while single, to really find love within myself and work out what I want and need in life without complications from the outside. 

Things can’t always be perfect, but I think me being single is a blessing at this time. I’m getting to know myself well, do things I love, be myself and not give a shit what anyone else thinks. 

Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment